- Single-biomolecule experiments and their biological implications:
measurements of force, energy efficiency, and dynamics.
- Fundamental principles of directed, nanoscale motion in thermal
- Structure and function of biomolecular motors.
- Synthetic motors, nanomechanics and nanoscale fluidics.
- Integration of bio-molecules with artificial nanodevices.
- Applications of controlled nanoscale motion in physics, chemistry,
biotechnology, and medicine.
- Interplay of controlled and stochastic processes in molecular-scale
motility and recognition.
Dean Astumian, Robert Austin, Harold
Craighead, Hermann Gaub, James Gimzewski, Peter Hänggi, Jonathon
Howard, Kazuhiko Kinosita, Jacques Prost, Ivan Rayment
Jesper Haeggström, Bengt Kasemo, Heiner
Linke, Alf Månsson, Pär Omling, Owe Orwar
Funded by the symposium
fund of the Nobel
Foundation. Participation is by invitation only.
Contact: Heiner Linke, email@example.com